Please note the following guidelines regarding all classes are based on the discipline and history of classical ballet training:
1. Students must carefully observe the dress code.
2. Any student arriving more than 15 minutes late (tardiness) may be asked to sit and watch class. All students are expected to arrive on time. We understand that circumstances may delay you sometimes. Classes are designed to warm up muscles slowly and properly. Jumping into a class that has already started may cause injury. If you are tardy, please see the instructor, apologize for your late arrival and ask him/her whether you can join the class or watch. Please respect your instructor’s decision in this matter; they are only looking out for the student’s best interest.
3. All students are encouraged to remain in the room once class has begun. Please allow for appropriate restroom use prior to class. Very young children will be treated sensitively as the need arises. We make every effort to have all children feel safe and cared for in a loving and inspiring learning environment.
4. Students should arrive prepared for class. This is especially important for girls on pointe. Please allow sufficient time prior to the start of class to put on pointe shoes.
5. School aged children and teens: PLEASE PRACTICE RESPECT. WE HAVE A NO TOLERANCE POLICY FOR BULLYING. This includes in-person and on social media. Students are not to socialize in a disruptive manner before, during or after class time with other students. Please come early or stay late to enjoy friends before or after class. Students must honor their teacher, themselves and fellow students by giving full attention, cooperation, kindness and respect. You will be advised if we feel any student is not well adjusted to the classroom environment for any reason over time.
6. Only students with a pre-existing sickness/injury are allowed to observe class. The parents must notify the Director if a student is to observe class.
7. We encourage consistent attendance. The curriculum is ongoing and cumulative. If a student misses too many classes, he/she will fall behind and become frustrated. We understand that conflicts or illness may cause dancers to miss a class and we allow students to make up a total of 3 missed classes during a semester. Please submit a make-up request via email to the Director.
8. Shoreline Ballet follows the Guilford Public School calendar and cancellation policy. If school is closed due to weather, we are as well. If there is an early dismissal due to weather conditions the evening classes will be cancelled. We will do our best to notify families via our website, email and social media sites to keep you informed.
9. Parents are not allowed in the classroom. In the case of small children, they will be transitioned as needed. If the child cannot stay independently, they may not be ready for dance classes. Viewing windows are there for your pleasure and convenience. We ask that all students, parents and guardians respect the dancers and teachers while watching. Please avoid creating distractions, do not try and correct students and in general be conscientious of yourself and those around you. We try very hard to create a positive and nurturing environment and we need everyone’s support in doing so.
10. NO FOOD OR DRINK IS ALLOWED IN THE DANCE STUDIOS – EXCEPT WATER. NO STREET SHOES MAY BE WORN ON ANY DANCE FLOOR.